- Geochelone carbonaria
- A very colorful tropical tortoise, easily available, very hardy that makes a wonderful pet.
- It is also known as Savanna Tortoise, Red-Legged or Red Footed
- It’s found in Central and South American
- After 4 – 5 Years Old, 1 to 8 eggs per clutch, 4 months incubation
- During rainy season
- Up to 14 inches length for male; 12 inches length for female; reach this sizeesa in 15 years
50 years or more
- Grasses, flowers Various fruits (e.g. Plums, Peaches, Strawberries, Apples with skin, Starfruits, Papayas, Mangos, Tomatoes, etc), Carrots, Mushrooms, Beans, Peas, Veggies, & Dark Leafy Greens
- Meat also can be fed, like high quality canned reptile, dog or cat food, Cooked Eggs, White Cheese, Low-Fat Meat
- Terrestrial; tropical forests, dry grassland
- Clean surrounding
Tortoise Common Disease:
Other tortoise information:
- Some people believe tortoise bring good luck to them. As a pet owner, take good care of your tortoise!