- Lampropeltis triangulum hondurensis
- One of the beautiful snake
- In wild honduran milk snake is in three colours; with wide orange/red, narraw black and yellowish band
- There is bi-colour Honduran Milk Snake in today’s pet market, which is called “tangerine phase”
- Nocturnal animal
- Central and South America
- Sex maturity at age 3
- Incubation period is about 10 weeks
- Up to 24 oviparous and elliptical eggs
- Adult snake: approximately 4 feet
- Rarely up to 5 to 6 feet
- Yound live: It’s about 4 inches long
Diet and Feeding:
- Aggressive carnivors.
- It eats wide variety of prey, including mice, rodents, birds, snakes, lizards, frogs and others.
- In captivity, adult snake eats a mice once in one or two weeks.
Snake Habitat and Vivarium Housing:
- The habitat ranging from river valley, hillside, field and agriculture area.
- Temperature from 82°F to 88°F
- Humidity from 65% to 75%