- Also known as Yellow Head Tortoise, Yellow Tortoise, Red-Nosed Tortoise
- An unusually tamed and beautiful tropical tortoise, readily available and fairly hardy that makes a wonderful pet.
- These tortoises are found in Burma, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, People's Republic of China, Thailand and Malaysia
- A large shallow water bowl should be provided for soaking and drinking all the time, also include caves for hidding etc
- Male: Above 12 inches (30cm)
- Female: Above 15 inches (38cm)
- 20-50 years
- Herbivorous (plant-eating)
- These tortoises hunt for fallen Fruits, Grasses, Greens & Flowers.
- The primary foods for elongated tortoises are various fruits (e.g. Peaches, Apples with skin, Starfruits, Papayas, Mangos, Tomatoes, etc), Carrots, Mushrooms, Beans, Peas, Grass, Veggies, Flowers & Dark Leafy Greens (e.g. dandelions, mustards, collards, turnips, kales)
- However, this wildlife tortoises occasionally take high quality canned reptile, dog or cat food, Cooked Eggs, White Cheese, Low-Fat Mea
- Terrestrial; upland forest areas
Tortoise Common Disease:
- Very hardy but will experience respiratory problems after a prolonged exposure to cool environment
- Early symptoms are puffy eyes and running nose